Following the directive by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), the management of Guaranty Trust Bank (GTBank) has released statement in compliant with the recent directive on the sale of foreign exchange to all bank customers.
The bank in a statement made available to the media said, “This is to inform you that we have set up dedicated teller points at all our branches nationwide for your eligible foreign exchange needs.”
The bank further stated that the customers should kindly walk into any of our branches nationwide to buy their Personal Travel Allowance (BTA), Business Travel Allowance, (BTA); pay international school fees, foreign medical bills, SME Form Q transactions and every other qualifying foreign exchange transaction.
The bank added, “We will treat your foreign exchange requests instantly. This means that you will get your FX the same day in cash and in the case of school fees and medical bills payment, to the stipulated beneficiary offshore. Please note that this is subject to you providing all the required documentation for these transactions.”
Requirements for applying for PTA/BTA:
- You should be 18 years and above, and have a valid Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- A valid Nigerian passport with a valid visa, and valid international return ticket with a travel date not more than 14 days from the date of PTA/BTA purchase.
- PTA request is limited to a maximum of $4,000 per quarter per applicant.
- A return ticket originating from Nigeria, with a minimum travel time of five hours to your destination.
- For International School Fees Payment:
- Students can apply themselves, or through their parents, and guardians with valid BVN.
- Admission letter, payment invoice, first degree certificate (only for Post Graduate studies) and a duly completed Form A are required for school fees.